Source: Shared Canvas Collaborative
Soul Healing Love Magic will now be hosting a live collaborative canvas, which allows multiple people to draw/write/chat on a single canvas in real time. It’s free and anyone is welcome to join our public sessions, which will be kept open as much as possible and saved for the next time. There is no need to sign up for an account, it’s very simple to access.
Just follow these instructions:
In the list of Public Sessions, find ‘Soul Healing Love Magic’ and click on it, which should automatically open DrawPile. Type in any username you’d like and join the session. That’s all there is to it.
I will be announcing whenever sessions are going to be starting and whether a session is open through the Shared Canvas Collaborative page and social media.
46 minute Drawing Session Speed 8x
Adobe Photoshop CS6
Streamed with Open Broadcaster on https://Twitch.tv/SoulHealingLoveMagic
on December 30, 2016 by Shelby Quino
as part of #KillYourEraser
Automatic Drawing Tips:
- Make a conscious decision not to control the drawing.
- Allow your hand to move freely until you feel a sense of completion.
- It can take several automatic drawings in a row in order to become relaxed enough to truly allow the chaotic and messy improvisation to occur.
- Just let go and jump in.
- There is a lot to be said for “scribbling.”
- Let your hand and pen do what they will without fear of mistake.
- Remember, you’re not drawing with an intention or idea in mind.
- We aren’t expecting to draw anything in particular. We’re just drawing freely.
- Mistakes do not exist here.
- The process is the purpose. Don’t concern yourself with the end result.
- Allow yourself to give into the trance. Automatic drawing is meant to be meditative.
This is a quick demonstration of “automatic drawing/painting” as part of December/January’s “Kill Your Eraser!” theme.
“Life is the art of drawing without an eraser.” – John W. Gardner
“Look. Art knows no prejudice, art knows no boundaries, art doesn’t really have judgement in it’s purest form. So just go, just go.” – K.D. Lang
“If you’re not trying to be real, you don’t have to get it right. That’s art.” – Andy Warhol
“Works of art make rules; rules do not make works of art.” – Claude Debuss